Medical Laboratory Professional - With $10,000 Sign-on Bonus
Laboratory Technician - MT, MLS, MLT, Associate's degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, Bachelor in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Chemistry, Biology or Lab Science
Full-Time applicants receive a sign-on bonus of $10,000 with a 4 year contract.
Part-Time applicants receive a sign-on bonus of $2,500 with a 2 year contract.
This position would include night and weekend on-call rotations. Phlebotomy skills preferred.
Assists in the day to day operations of the laboratory. This includes planning, implementing, and processing the day’s workload along with clerical, specimen collection and quality control. Must work harmoniously with the Laboratory/Radiology Manager to provide good intradepartmental relations and work well with other hospital employees to provide desirable interdepartmental relations. Adheres to the mission, values and standards of excellence of Hawarden Regional Healthcare in all aspects of job performance.
- Prior laboratory experience preferred.
- Associate's degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, Bachelor in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Chemistry, Biology or Lab Science
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and all members of the health care team.
- Able to perform a variety of duties characterized by frequent change.
- Must have a general working knowledge of computers and department specific software (i.e. Healthstream, internet, etc.)
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Hawarden.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must successfully pass pre-employment physical examination, drug screening, and must adhere to applicable organizational requirements on an annual basis for Employee Health Directives.
- Primarily works inside with frequent sitting, walking, standing, bending and occasional lifting of supplies seldom in excess of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to function under frequent stressful situations.
- Must understand and accept the possibility of exposure to environmental elements, such as inclement weather, dust, noise, chemicals and/or chemical fumes, and infectious disease.
- Must be able to work with hands and be able to see color schemes well.
- Regular and physical attendance at work is an essential function of the job.
Applications are available online or may be picked up at:
1111 11th St | Hawarden, IA 51023 | Ph: 712-551-3110 | Fax: 712-294-7234